Marking the end of the holy month Ramadan, Eid is a time to gather as a family; a joyous occasion for all Muslims all over the world. And there are some traditions that make this holiday even more enjoyable, whether you’re a little kid or a grown up here are some of the traditions that will never get old no matter how old you are.
1. That first sip of Shai Bi Laban is like bliss from heaven; officially ending the fasting of Ramadan and meaning we get to go back to indulging ourselves with our favorite breakfast beverage before going to work.
2. What’s Eid without fireworks, yeah it’s true we end up burning ourselves more than once, but it’s one of the most fun traditions limed to every Eid that we hope that will never go away.
3. An excuse to do some shopping for new clothes, one of the most fun things to do with your mother or siblings is going shopping for new outfits to wear during Eid vacation even if it’s just new fluffy pajamas to wear during movie nights and sleepovers.
4. Family gathering; a family reunion is more than just meeting your relatives, it’s time to share good times, it’s to catch up and remembering old memories and making new ones.
5. Sleepovers are definitely a must during Eid because it’s basically the only time our parents let us sleep outside of the house and then spend the morning with our friends after the Eid prayer.
6. What’s Eid without plays and movies ” مدرسة المشاغبين, العيال كبرت و عفرتو” and the list just keeps going on, gathering in front of them with our family with drinks and snacks.