Escherichia coli Killed British Tourist Couple In Egypt

Mr. John Cooper and his wife Susan, from Burnley, were found dead in Hurghada on the 21st of August.

Tests on air and water in the hotel found nothing unusual and the bodies showed “no criminal violence”.

However, Mr. John Cooper tested positive for the E coli bacteria, which caused the vomiting and diarrhea he experienced shortly before his death.

The report adds that he had consumed alcohol and hash, but there is no indication that either caused his death.

According to the Egyptian general prosecutor’s statement, tests showed Mr Cooper suffered acute intestinal dysentery caused by E. coli, and Mrs Cooper suffered a complication linked to infection, likely to have been caused by E. coli.

Kelly Ormerod, who stayed at Steigenberger Aqua Magic for holiday with her parents, described the outcome of the examinations as “rubbish”, and she did not believe that her parents’ symptoms were consistent with E. coli bacteria.

Ormerod also claimed that nobody would die shortly after being exposed to the bacteria, and tests were not sent to her, but showed to social media, were very very brief. She’s questioning what have they even tested?

41781109_1946356315433054_6746640787263455232_n

The Coopers’ daughter requested investigation on her parents’ death to be carried on starting from next week in the UK, as she does not see the Egyptian authorities as trustworthy and accused them of seeking a quick explanation to the scandal to save the country’s tourism industry.

Latest is, Thomas Cook evacuated 300 guests from the resident as a precaution.

Comments